Watch the on-demand webinar and download the slides
Recorded 23 March 2016.
- The dimensions of the procurement function have moved to a new universe
- Do you know where it’s moved to? …and…Have you moved with it?
- There are now 50 components of leading edge procurement capability
- The distinction between what you need in terms of modern procurement capability and what your collective team needs
- What a new ‘black belt in procurement’ looks like
From the historical days of buying and purchasing to a new order of things ...
The procurement profession has moved on in recent years, as have many other specialist disciplines. The terms ‘strategic sourcing’ and ‘organisational alignment’ are frequently misapplied and bandied about to stay 'on message'. A few well-chosen questions can reveal whether their usage holds any substance.
It’s time for clarity.
In this webinar, we explored the new Universe of Modern Procurement and its constituent parts. Some are modern extensions of their forefathers while others have no ancestral connections. Our goal is to help you identify, in terms of procurement capability, where you’re falling short …and where you're not, as an individual and as part of a team.
In a single picture, the 50 parts are visible and they sit inside the 3 main functions of Transactional, Tactical, and Strategic. The ability to self-assess and create your own gap analysis, is time well spent.
The recording also features the live Q&A session.
You can also download the webinar slides.